Interested in volunteering with us to help create a more vibrant downtown Dayton? Here’s what we’re working on! Please join us!
- Dayton Friday Nights: Build community, create a sense of place, and strengthen the local economy by drawing hundreds of visitors and residents to downtown Dayton to interact in and around the historic park and enjoy weekly live music, kids activities, shopping and dining, and a cruise in at the annual Friday Nights festival series held every Friday through the summer. Volunteers help with music selection, event hosting, asking attendees to fill in survey forms, manning our booth, and more!
- ArtScape: Bring art to downtown Dayton to showcase local artists’ talents, and raise funds for the DCDA’s nonprofit mission via an auction of the artwork.
- Chocolate Crawl: Showcase downtown businesses and bring people downtown while fund raising for DCDA programs and activities. Chocolate Crawl Passports can be purchased online or at participating downtown businesses. Use these during the one-day event to experience chocolate bliss with your Valentine. Your passport will get stamped at each business you visit, where you’ll get to indulge in different chocolate treats. When your passport is full, you’ll leave your passport at the last spot you visit, where it will be entered into a grand prize drawing.
- 97114 Tourism Map: Promote the downtown Dayton commercial district, promote and highlight Dayton regional assets, market and cross-promote tourism-related businesses in the Dayton zip code via a quality tourism map brochure.
- Highway Clean Up: Join us for our semi-annual Adopt a Highway Clean Up of 3rd St./Wallace Rd./Hwy 221, in spring and in fall. Safety vests and other supplies will be provided. Ages 16 and up.