* Lantern Festival including a lantern parade around the park at 8:30 p.m.!
– Live music in the park by Kathy Boyd and Phoenix Rising, playing an award-winning mix of originals and standards from bluegrass, folk and Americana music
– Shop at the market in the park
– Kids activities
– Wine, dining & shopping at downtown businesses
– Archie’s Cruise In on Fourth Street (free, no registration required)
Get ready to LIGHT UP the night in Dayton during the Lantern Festival on August 25, 2017! The community is invited to decorate their porches or front yard with lanterns and to join us for our Lantern Parade around the park at 8:30 p.m.! Bring a lantern you’ve made at home, simple or elaborate, or buy one at the event from our DCDA booth. Let your creativity flow! We ask that you use battery powered LED lights or tea lights. (Please, no open flames.)
DIY Lanterns: Check out the following links for easy, step-by-step instructions.
- Simple Paper Lanterns
- Milk Carton Lanterns
- Tissue Paper Lantern on Bottle or Jar
- Goldfish Paper Lantern
- Balloon and Paper Mache Lanterns
- Square Column Lanterns
- Tin Can Lanterns
Bring your family and friends for the true local’s experience in Downtown Dayton! For more details and full music schedule, see http://