The Dayton Spring 2016 Newsletter is out! Read all about what’s happening in Dayton, from an summer Artscape downtown to Innovate Dayton and park improvements.
Community Artscape Social and Auction.
Dessert and Art.
May 21st from 7 – 9 pm
Francis Court at 301/303 Main Street, Dayton.
All are welcome, no charge to attend.
Join us for a spring gala on May 21, 2016 from 7-9 p.m. at Francis Court to kick off Dayton Artscape with a grand unveiling and auction of local art. You’ll have the opportunity to bid on and purchase local works of art while enjoying dessert and beverages.
Dayton Artscape is a summer outdoor art gallery in downtown Dayton! The work of the local artists will be reproduced and featured on light pole art banners downtown this summer, 2016. A walking tour will allow you to learn more about each artist and their work.
Artscape is also a DCDA fundraiser for future downtown events as we work together to continue to add beauty to our community.
Thank you to our sponsors: Yamhill County Cultural Coalition, The Oregon Community Foundation, and Online Northwest!
Here’s a great way to put your restaurant, shop, attraction, or service on the radar screen with the growing number of out-of-towners coming to enjoy the Willamette Valley wine country!
Join in on the effort to help drive tourism to the greater Dayton area and showcase the goods and services your business has to offer. The Dayton Community Development Association (DCDA) is spearheading this tourism map.
97114 Dayton Tourism Map Promotional Details
WHAT: Create a tourism map that brands the 97114 area as “central” to the Willamette Valley and Yamhill Valley AVAs. A good base camp for exploring wine country.
- To see our zip code as a unified destination.
- To build relationships within our business community and help each other be successful. With cohesive, vibrant businesses we will draw more visitors to our zip code.
- To educate all 97114 employees on the locations of our area businesses so that they can share them with visitors.
- To cross-promote and grow all area businesses.
- To enhance our regional image.
WHO: All tourism related business, in the 97114 zip code, will be included in this map: Wineries, Restaurants, Retail stores, Overnight accommodations, Services (bank, city hall, library)
WHERE AND WHEN: 97114. Maps will be available at all participating businesses as well as regional tourism promoters, Spring 2016.
HOW: Ashley Lippard Designs will create a high quality map/brochure listing all 97114 Tourism related businesses with their location and contact information.
- All businesses will be listed with their name, address, web address and phone number. Each will have the opportunity to “sponsor” the brochure with donations of $100 or $250.
- A $100 sponsorship will include the above listing in bold plus a descriptive sentence.
- A $250 sponsorship will include the listing, description and an image.
- All listings will also be posted on the Downtown Dayton website: www.daytonoregon.org.
The Dayton Community Development Association is a 501c3 nonprofit whose mission is to enhance the quality of life for all citizens of Dayton by helping to revitalize, improve and maintain the economic, physical, social, aesthetic and cultural environment of Dayton’s downtown area.
Thank you, Dayton community and friends of Dayton! Our first ever “Chocolate Crawl” and Second “Hearts of Dayton” Campaign were a huge success! We raised almost $2000 to be used to create another fun Dayton Friday Nights this summer. Our heartfelt thanks to Lonestar Bbq Restaurant and Catering, The Barlow Room, Locally Picked, Archie’s Ice Cream And Eatery, Seufert Winery, Dayton Mercantile and The Block House Cafe for the tasty chocolate treats! Congratulations to The Block House Cafe staff, and their patrons, who earned a beautiful trophy for honoring us with the largest donation amount to the Hearts of Dayton Campaign. Back again in 2017!
If you would like to share your artwork with the community of Dayton, and support a vibrant downtown, we need you! Call 971-241-2076 for information.