Dayton Friday Nights 2016
The Band Selection Committee will begin its work for Dayton’s 2016 Friday Nights series in early 2016. The events occur every Friday night from June 3rd to August 26th. The committee will review inquiries, CDs, electronic files and websites that are submitted between January 2016 and March 31st, 2016.
What we look for:
- Family-friendly entertainment with broad intergenerational and cross-cultural appeal
- Good musicianship
- Performance from 6:30-8:30 p.m. with a 10-15 minute break
- Must have sound system suitable for small park venue with residential zones adjacent to park
- Priority given to local bands (Dayton or surrounding region)
- Track record of playing – recordings available, references
- Group performance (two or more performers)
What we offer:
- An award-winning event in its 3rd year
- Covered historic bandstand in grassy park venue in the heart of downtown Dayton
- Exposure to crowd of ~500 people, primarily from local area
- “Neighborhood block party” atmosphere with audience enjoying vendors, cruise in cars on adjacent street, and socializing, as well as the performance
- Opportunity to sell band’s CD and merchandise with 100% back to artist
We do have a budget for performances, although it is a limited budget. The DCDA, the Friday Nights’ nonprofit host, works hard to raise funds to compensate performers.
If your band is interested in playing for Dayton Friday Nights 2016, please fill out and submit the online application form below or email the info to email@example.com:
*Please indicate a website or venue where the committee may listen to your band, if possible.
Error: Contact form not found.