The mission of the Dayton Community Development Association (DCDA) is to enhance the quality of life for all citizens of Dayton by helping to revitalize, improve, and maintain the economic, physical, social, aesthetic and cultural environment of Dayton’s Downtown area.
DCDA Vision Statement: Dayton is the small town gem of Yamhill County Oregon. It is a beautiful, historic, safe, vibrant and diverse community that is both a wonderful place to live and a fun place to visit.
In 2009, the DCDA applied to and was accepted into the Oregon Main Street Program and is a member of the Transforming Downtown program.. We have integrated the Main Street Approach® into our downtown management strategy.
The DCDA is a Main Street America™ Affiliate. Main Street America™ has been helping revitalize older and historic commercial districts for more than 35 years. Today it is a network of more than 1,600 neighborhoods and communities, rural and urban, who share both a commitment to place and to building stronger communities through preservation-based economic development. Main Street America is a program of the nonprofit National Main Street Center, a subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Elements of the Dayton Forward: A Vision for the Future plan, a collaborative planning effort between the City of Dayton and the Dayton Community Development Association which took place in 2012, are also incorporated into the DCDA’s efforts.
The DCDA works toward…
- A beautiful, historic, safe, vibrant and diverse community that is both a wonderful place to live and a fun place to visit.
- Facilitating events that generate excitement downtown and encourage consumer traffic.
- A clean and attractive downtown district that maintains a small-town feel and represents a quality place to shop, work, walk, and live.
- A diverse range of businesses in a bustling downtown that create an indispensable shopping, dining and service center.
- A popular pedestrian-friendly visitor destination and strong source of visitor dollars.
Board Of Directors 2018:
- President: Jason Aust
- VP: Judy Gerard
- Treasurer: Pam Ealy
- Secretary: Michelle Seufert
- Members-at-large: Emilie Natalie, Daniel Holbrook, Kathleen Bennett, Kim Courtin, , Paul Carlson
- Program Manager: Kelly Haverkate
Email us at: Info [at] daytonoregon.org
To call us: DCDA Main Street Program Coordinator: Kelly Haverkate at 971-241-2076
Mailing address: DCDA, PO Box 237, Dayton, OR 97114
The Dayton Community Development Association (DCDA) relies on your support and investment, thank you. Quite simply, we can’t exist without help. Your tax deductible gift, sponsorship or in-kind donation to the DCDA supports excellence in our community.
- Click to Contribute Online via our Square Account
- Purchase a Chocolate Crawl Passport (event is in February)
- Help sponsor or donate to Friday Nights summer festival series
- Sponsor Dayton Tourism Map
- Support us by shopping at AmazonSmile. This is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers. Just choose Dayton Community Development Association as your organization of choice, and then make sure you place your orders through smile.amazon.com. https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-4119519
The DCDA is a qualifying nonprofit for the Oregon Cultural Trust, which partners with over 1,300 cultural nonprofits throughout Oregon. A gift to one or more of these qualifying nonprofit organizations followed by a matching gift to the Oregon Cultural Trust allows a donor to claim a tax credit. We welcome sponsorships and contributions in any amount. Donate online at Square Market, or use our mail-in form if desired. Checks should be mailed to:The Dayton Community Development Association P.O. Box 237 Dayton, Oregon 97114 *Please include your name or business name, mailing address, and telephone number.