Every Friday, June – July – August, 2019
5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (Live music 6:30-8:30 p.m.)
Downtown Dayton, Courthouse Square Park
Bring your family and friends for the true local’s experience in Downtown Dayton! “Like” our Facebook page for updates, including music performance schedule, on 2019 events!
Friday Nights is jointly presented by the Dayton Community Development Association and the City of Dayton, in collaboration with downtown businesses.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- June 7: The Bartolotti Brothers (Rockin’ blues) and Summer Safety Night with free bicycle helmets for kids, the Dayton Fire Department and the Yamhill County Sheriff
- June 14: The Boomers (Classic 60s and 70s Rock)
- June 21: Youngberg Hill (Traditional bluegrass)
- June 28: Second Winds Community Band (Patriotic big band selections)
- July 5: Melody Guy (Rock, Country, Americana & R&B)
- July 12: Corral Creek Bluegrass (Bluegrass standards, Oregon tunes and humorous banter)
- July 19: Pa’Lante (Fiery salsa & Afro-Cuban rhythms)
- *July 26: Pendleton Highway (Hard-driving, danceable country & western) *Music Provided by City of Dayton Old Timers Festival, check city website for times and additional festival activities
- August 2: Schwing (Energetic ’90s tribute band)
- August 9: Rendezvous String Band (Lively mix of Irish, Scottish, & old time Americana)
- August 16: Nancy McCann Band (Rock, country & folk with three part harmonies)
- August 23: 99 West Jazz (Big band jazz ensemble)
- August 30: New Iberians Blues & Zydeco Band (Louisiana zydeco from the Pacific Northwest) and Lantern Festival
SEEKING 2019 FRIDAY NIGHTS SPONSORS!
Sponsorship of Friday Nights will provide you with the opportunity to:
• Promote your business while showing your customers that you invest in their community
• Associate your business with a successful community development initiative
• Support our mission: The DCDA works to revitalize Dayton’s downtown. We are a volunteer led, volunteer driven 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and are a participating member in the Oregon Main Street program.
OUR SINCERE APPRECIATION FOR OUR 2019 FRIDAY NIGHTS SPONSORS! These concerts would not be possible without their generosity to the community.
Please thank them by supporting their businesses.
Vendor Invitations 2019
Dayton Friday Nights is seeking applications from local food, craft and merchandise vendors representing Yamhill County area to participate in the sixth annual Dayton Friday Nights series.
Vendors of all levels of experience are encouraged to apply. Space and electrical outlets are limited. Vendors will be selected based on previous Dayton Friday Night experience, for food vendors – proper health permits and insurance, compatibility with the family friendly event goals, with preference given to Yamhill county area businesses and others welcome. There is no cost for vendors to participate. We accept applications through August on an “as space is available” basis. For more information, inquire through email@example.com .
Interested in volunteering at Friday Nights 2019? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to have your help!
NOTES OF INTEREST:
- Seating for concerts: A limited amount of seating is available on provided benches. Bring your lawn chairs and picnic blankets!
- Cruise In is free, no registration required, and located along Fourth Street (closed to non-cruise in traffic) abutting the park.
- Dogs on leash and under control of owner.
- No smoking or alcohol allowed in the park.
- No driving allowed onto park grounds.
Goal of Friday Nights: To build community, create a sense of place and strengthen the local economy by drawing hundreds of visitors and residents to downtown Dayton to interact in and around the historic park and enjoy weekly live music, kids activities, a cruise in, shopping and dining.