Dayton Community Development Association is sponsoring the 3rd Annual Community Scarecrow Contest! This event is FREE and open to any and all residents and businesses in Dayton. We hope to foster a fun, creative contest for Dayton Township to grow our population… one scarecrow at a time! Register and put up your scarecrow by September 30th, 2022 to participate! See contest rules and how to register below.
Dayton Community Scarecrow Contest Rules
FREE! Open to all residents and business.
- 1st place: $100, plus a gift card to local business
- 2nd place: $75, plus a gift card to local business
- 3rd place: $50, plus a gift card to local business
- People’s Choice Business Trophy: Trophy
- DCDA President’s Choice: Trophy, plus gift card to local business
Register and put up your scarecrow by Sept. 30, 2022.
- Scarecrows may be traditional, whimsical, humorous, mischievous, or loveable.
- Only HANDMADE scarecrows will be accepted.
- Bloody/violent themes, advertising, political or religious statements are not allowed.
- This is a family friendly event and DCDA reserves the right to disqualify any entry.
Scarecrow Photo: DCDA will send a photographer on Oct 1-2 to take pictures of each scarecrow and upload to our Facebook page for voting. We will bring your weather proof Scarecrow Registration Number sign on the day your entry is photographed.
Judging: Voting will be done on our social media site by community members through October 9th.
- Register, create and put up your scarecrow: By September 30
- DCDA photographer will take photos of entered scarecrows: October 1 & 2
- DCDA will upload photos to an album on our Facebook page for viewing and judging. Community voting will be done on Facebook through October 9th: www.facebook.com/DowntownDaytonOregon
- Winners will be announced: October 10
The Dayton Community Development Association may use the photographs of the entries for publicity in future posters, on our website and on our Facebook page.